From left: North Kingdom Founder Robert Lindström, North Kingdom Founder David Eriksson, North Alliance CEO Thomas Høgebøl, North Kingdom Founder Roger Stighäll, North Kingdom Partner Jakob Nylund.
North Kingdom joins The North Alliance network for continued growth in the US
To expand their offering and capabilities within communication, design and tech, North Kingdom is joining the network The North Alliance (NoA). North Kingdom was founded in Sweden in 2003 and works globally with clients such as Google, Disney, Lego, Supercell and adidas. The North Alliance will be a key factor in building future growth for North Kingdom and a deepened relationship with clients in all markets.
Over the last years North Kingdom has won the most prestigious awards for their creativity in Cannes Lions, One Show, D&AD, Eurobest, Golden Egg and Red Dot awards for customers like Google, Beats by Dre and Moog. As a step towards further growth on both the Nordic market and the US market, North Kingdom is now joining a culture of collaboration which has been part of their DNA from day one. Both NoA and North Kingdom share a holistic view of combining communication, design and tech to create meaningful and relevant solutions for the clients. This comes from the foundation in the same values of humility, honesty and curiosity.
“We have been watching NoA since their launch and were impressed by how early they got the group to deliver. They are growth consultants that really help the customers thrive. In addition, they have delivered some of the world’s best creative work in recent years. Now we will challenge each other and develop further together. We have had a strong position in the USA, and with NoA on the team we have a stronger platform for further growth”, says Roger Stighäll, CEO of North Kingdom.
Nina Amjadi, Managing Director U.S
Exporting Scandinavian creativity
NoA, which was founded in 2014, is a network consisting of creative agencies in the Nordic region that works for exporting Scandinavian creativity to the world. With North Kingdom on board, NoA grows to almost 800 employees and consolidates its position as the Nordic region’s leading group for creativity in design, communications and technology. NoA and North Kingdom are passionate about creating great customer experiences using a start-up mentality, and this collaboration also means being flexible and adaptable for the clients’ needs.
“Our experience is the same as NoAs, namely that the Nordic model with its full transparency, flat hierarchies, and cross-disciplinary collaboration fits well into a reality where quick decisions and close customer contact is crucial. Besides delivering experiences that set the standard for what can be achieved within design and technology, this is why clients like Google have been our partner for the past seven years”, Roger Stighäll says.
North Kingdom, that was founded in the rural north of Sweden in 2003, works with clients such as Google, Disney, Lego, Supercell and adidas and has expertise within product, service and experience design. With the collaboration with NoA, North Kingdom can continue to grow as their own brand and start a new exciting chapter together with a team of exceptionally talented people.
“Scandinavian creativity and design is admired all over the world. North Kingdom are modern Vikings, a small Nordic player who has repeatedly won the battles for prestigious International projects. As part of NoA, they will be able to provide a wider range of services – and we can take benefit from their extreme creativity and expertise”, Thomas Høgebøl, CEO of NoA, says.
“North Kingdom is unique. They have continuously been one of the world’s leading digital agencies. With NoA on the team, growth and economic results will be further enhanced”, Høgebøl continues.
Facts about North Kingdom
* Established in Skellefteå in 2003 by Robert Lindström and Roger Stighäll.
* 50 employees and offices in Skellefteå, Stockholm and Los Angeles.
* Working with customers such as Google, Disney, Lego, Adidas and EF.
* Won the Red Dot 2017 “Best of the Best” for product design work with Moog Model 15 iOS Synthesizer.
* Was the second agency to be included in the FWA Hall of Fame.
* The founders have been included in AdAges “The Creativity 50” – “most creative people of the year” several times.
Facts about The North Alliance (NoA)
* In just over 4 years NoA har grown to be one of the Nordic regions largest communications groups, with one billion NOK in revenue in 2016.
* Thomas Høgebøl, who has a background from the McCann Worldgroup communications group, launched The North Alliance (NoA) together with Helge Onsum.
* In 2013, the Finnish investment fund Capman entered as a partner, and together they acquired and consolidated seven leading agencies in the Nordic communications market.
* NoA now consists of the following companies: the advertising agencies Anorak (Norway), Åkestam Holst (Sweden), Round & Round (Sweden) and & Co (Denmark), the technology & design company Making Waves (Sweden, Norway, Poland and the United States), Bold and Great Works (Sweden, Norway and Denmark). NoA is in addition co-owner of the agencies Clay and Evidence Strategy.
* NoA has offices in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland and the United States, and about 760 employees prior to the acquisition of North Kingdom. The agencies in NoA have clients such as NorgesGruppen, SAS, Ikea, SatsElixa, Telenor, FIFA, Momondo and If.
* Capman owns about 60 percent of the shares of NoA, while over 100 partners own the remaining shares. These are either entrepreneurs or employees of the different agencies in The North Alliance.