North Kingdom LA is looking for a talented and passionate Creative Developer to join the Venice studio and help us create high-quality digital experiences for some of the best brands in the world. Our Developers are the engineers and inventors of our company. You will be responsible for designing technical solutions and delivering clean, performant, well-documented code. We expect you to have a strong sense of design, animation and a passion for best practices of modern development.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in exploring new technologies and possess creative problem-solving skills. The ability to acquire domain-specific knowledge is valued much higher than possessing experience in any one specific area. Since North Kingdom is a highly collaborative environment, strong communication skills and an inclination toward teamwork are a must.
- Write production quality code
- Research new technologies & techniques
- Implement tests and assist QA in delivering the highest quality work to our clients
Experience & Requirements
- 4+ years experience in building responsive web applications
- Experience with responsive design & mobile web development
- Experience with one modern 3D environment such as Unity, WebGL, or Unreal Engine.
- Experience with web development workflows and build tools
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.)
- Strong BASH scripting skills and familiarity with the terminal
- Familiarity with JS frameworks (Three.js, PIXI, Vue, React, etc.) without reliance on them
- Awareness of performance bottlenecks and cross-browser issues
- A deep understanding of common design patterns and awareness of common anti-patterns
- Experience with integrating social APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, and G+
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to write beautifully clean and DRY code
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable with and used to speaking and presenting in English
- Experience with code quality tooling (ESLint, JSCS, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD, CodeDeploy, or Cloudformation
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP Serverless
- Experience with Node, Express, Websockets, Mongo, Redis, etc.
- Experience developing AR applications using 3D
- Experience with functional programming
Who You Are
- A problem solver who intuitively understands – and can align solutions with – client needs.
- A perpetual learner with a passion for iteration and improvement
- Team player who can take initiative and come up with solutions
- Attention to detail and ability to work on fixed deadlines
- Good eye for design and the finer details
- Your code is clean, clear, and modular
- You’re always up for tackling a new challenge, a new API, or a new project
- You communicate clearly and keep your team updated on progress and blockers.
If the above sounds like you, please send us your resume with portfolio examples and the subject “Creative Developer LA” to firstname.lastname@example.org.